With billions of Muslim consumers across the world, the trade for halal goods and foods are witnessing the steady growth in the market. More and more suppliers come forward to deal with such products as well as make use of their offer. From the consumer perspective, it is highly necessary to identify and label the halal products from traders and producers which halalminds.com said to us in an interview.
Halal certification is beneficial because it helps consumers easily identify the halal compliance of the vital ingredients in processing meats, pharmaceuticals, health and beauty, bakery and food processing, food supplements, flavors and ingredients, and other consumables. If your preferred brands are not compliant, then you should search and find the right one to purchase products.
Are you working in the food industry? Do you require evidence from your suppliers about halal conform to companies or goods? Well, keep reading to know important information about the Muis halal certification.
What is the actual meaning of halal?
The word halal comes from Arabic, which means acceptable. When you look closer at the Quran, you will find the different categories in food and goods, including halal (allowed) and haram (forbidden). Every Muslim should follow this rule to abide by the words of the Quran. To support this, it is vital for consumers to find whether the product they purchase in retail has been offered as per Quran rules. Clear labeling is the only possible way to find the product whether or not the product halal during the manufacture process and trade items.
Know the general requirements for halal certification
If you are decided to get this certification, then you should have a clear understanding of the general requirements of the certification.
- Every food premises/manufacturer/abattoir must only manufacture/produce/sell halal products
- Each applicant should make sure that sources of ingredients are wholly halal and have dealt only with the supplier who supply halal materials and suppliers who are halal certificate holders
- All the company should abide by the rules and conditions in all aspects as mentioned in the procedure manual
- At least two Muslim workers included in your food business. Additionally, the product should be clean and free from all non-halal ingredients during preparing, processing, handling, packaging, and transporting of items
- Facilities and apparatus in the premise should be clean and free from germs, which cause health problems
- All the workers should follow proper etiquette and appropriate hygiene practice
How to get the halal certification
In general, Jakim halal certification will be provided after the successful audit. Like other certifications, the independent organization will be in charge of this certification. Additionally, the independent auditor will be there to review the certifying company. At the time of the audit, submit the samples to undergo lab test, and confirm whether it meets all the halal criteria. Upon getting a successful lab testing report, you will get the certification. Since the certification is valid for some period, i.e., one year, the new audit is mandatory after expiration of a label.