One of the reasons why postcards still exist until now is because of its super easy making process. With just a few main steps, people can make the card for various purposes at affordable prices. If you are thinking about making a postcard and want to prepare well, maybe you should ask yourself the following four questions!
1. Have You Decided Where You Will Create the Design?
One thing that sets postcards apart is the front side. Postcards have a photograph or illustration on one of the sides. So, if you want to make the card, there is no reason not to make a design for the front side. But have you decided where you will make it? Which application will be used for it? If you have decided, then great! However, for those of you who are still looking for the apps, you may need to know some of the popular apps and design platforms below.
- Canva is perfect for everyone who needs an easy-to-use design platform. Since Canva provides its users with a wide variety of templates, it’s easier than you have to design everything from the beginning.
- Adobe and Corel are two popular design apps. Both of them are well-known as design apps used by many professionals. These apps provide you with tons of features and menus for creating complex and fantastic designs. But for those who are still beginners, you may find that you will need to spend some more time understanding how the app works.
- Ms Word is one of the most popular apps that is easy and familiar to use. You can also make your own postcard here since Ms Word provides several postcard templates for its users. But, if you’re thinking about using this app to create intricate designs, maybe you should choose an application that is specifically for designing such as Adobe and Corel.
2. Do You Know About Things to Avoid When Making Postcards?
Is it important to know about that? Yes, absolutely! Knowing a few things that must be avoided during the making process helps you minimize the risk of failure. So, what are the things that need to be avoided then? You can read some of the following points below!
- First, avoid setting information or text in illegible format. Make sure that you choose the right font type, size, and colour!
- Say no to typos! Proofread all information or text.
- Do not use any kind of irrelevant photographs or pictures.
- Avoid creating a full design on all sides (2 sides). Keep one side simple and clear as an area for personal writing.
3. Do You Know the Elements on The Postcard?
Once you have decided to make a postcard, knowing its elements is crucial! Here are the elements of a postcard.
- Related photographs or pictures.
- A place to put a stamp.
- Several lines to write the address of the recipient.
- Area for the message.
But for business purposes, there are additional elements such as the following points!
- Headline, make it bold and clear.
- Return address.
- Contact information.
- Company’s logo.
- Call to action.
- Benefits and offers.
4. Where Will You Print Your Card Design?
So, in the last question, you need to decide where you will print your postcard design. For the main options, you can print the design at home or go to a printing service. Of course, there are always pros and cons to each option. If you choose to print the design independently, it’s obvious that you can save more money. But, are you sure about the quality and the result will be? Another option, go to a trusted printing service such as Singapore postcard printing which offers quality printing services. You may spend a little more money, but the result will be much better than printing the design at home. You are free to make your decision, but since the quality of the print determines the appearance of your postcard, going to a printing service will be worth more than you think.